FUTURE GENERATION > LOUGHBOROUGH
Student Accommodation In Loughborough
Student Accommodation in Loughborough
Loughborough is a dynamic town brimming with energy, renowned for its world-class Loughborough University. This thriving academic hub draws students from both the UK and across the globe, each in search of the perfect student living experience.
Whether you’re a local or joining us from overseas, Loughborough offers an array of student accommodation choices. From classic halls of residence and upscale apartments to shared housing solutions, rest assured, you’ll discover a home that complements your academic journey.
Compare Student Accommodations in Loughborough
Depending on the amenities you are looking for, there are a number of different student accommodations you can choose from.
- Standard Halls: Halls of residence are typically the most affordable option. They offer a variety of facilities, such as laundry, study spaces, and 24-hour security. Some bills may be included.
- Private Halls: Private apartments offer more privacy and independence than halls of residence. They can be more expensive, but they also offer more flexibility and amenities. Bills are generally included as well as a range of amenities such as gyms, air conditioning, study halls and community events.
- Shared student Houses: Houses are a great option for students who want to live with friends or family. They can be more affordable than student halls, but they do not offer the same range of amenities and bills are generally not included.
What other students have to say about accommodations in Loughborough
Explore Student Rooms in Loughborough
Luxurio’ Student Rooms
3 Bed Duplex
Classic Ensuite (4 Bed Flat)
Premium Ensuite (Tower)
Premium 3 Bed Duplex Apartment
Mini Mezzanine Apartment
2 Bed Duplex Apartment
Premium 2 Bed Apartment
Student Accommodation in Loughborough FAQs
When should you start looking for student accommodation in Loughborough
This question is very common among students as the moving out hustle is real and choosing the right place to live at uni would make or break your uni experience, so we would recommend not leaving this major task till the last minute to ensure having enough time to search for a palace that suits your needs.
In this case, whether you are an unconditional offer holder or a returning student, you are in a great place to start looking for your place for the next academic year. We advise you to take advantage of this opportunity and start searching and viewing places right away.
If you are a 1st-year student and a postgraduate who is still uncertain about your application status, we got your back on this one as we offer a free-of-charge cancellation due to our “No place no pay“ policy.
And no matter where you are in Luxurio we offer in-person and online viewings to assist you with your room search regardless of your location.
What should you keep in mind when selecting student accommodation in Loughborough?
After accepting your offer from the university, there is another big task ahead of you: where to live?!
Securing great student accommodation in a new city, or even a new country, can be a tough task and with too many options available it could be quite overwhelming. You need to ensure you have chosen the perfect location that offers all your desired amenities within your budget.
In general, we have a few tips to help you choose the best accommodation for you:
- The location: The accommodation location should be a key factor to consider when searching the options as it should be close not just to campus but also to the other amenities and interests as well. Since Loughborough is a small town we recommend staying somewhere close to campus and also within walking distance from the town centre to have access to the wide range of restaurants, cafes, and pubs.
- Social habits: When choosing student housing, you should take your social habits and preferences into concentration. If you are a bit of an extrovert and a social butterfly you might enjoy sharing a space with multiple flatmates, on the other hand, if you are more on the private side you might enjoy a studio flat or a 2-bedroom apartment to share it with someone like-minded.
- Facilities: It is important to list the facilities you need e.g. greenspaces, communal areas, or bike storage, and look for places that cover your necessities.
How much is rent as a student in Loughborough?
Student rent in Loughborough will largely depend on the type of accommodation you have chosen. However, don’t forget to include all of your other living costs when calculating your weekly/monthly living costs. It’s easy for hidden costs that you didn’t factor in to quickly ramp up.
- Student Halls starting from approximately: £550
- Private accommodation starting from approximately: £450
- Private House starting from approximately: £560
Do students need to pay council tax when renting in Loughborough?
If you’re engaged in full-time studies, you qualify for the student council tax exemption. Hence, full-time students are free from paying council tax during their rental period, including the summer months. However, take note that the exemption concludes after your final year’s summer, as you’ll no longer be considered a full-time student.
What is the cost of living for a student in Loughborough?
Depending on what options you choose, your student accommodation cost will cover some of your costs. For example, Luxurio provides a gym, cleaning, security, air conditioning and bills are all included.
If you are living in a rented accommodation you should should budget for the following: (note these are just approximations and you will need to check with your providers)
- Gas and electricity: £50-£350 per week
- Internet: £25 – £65 per week
- Cleaning: £10-20 biweekly
About Studying in Loughborough
Is it easy to get around in Loughborough as a student?
There are a number of ways to travel around Loughborough, and as it is a relatively small town you can walk around or ride a bike to get by. Buses are available and the university provides free shuttles to certain destinations, other travelling options include travelling applications like Uber and Bolt.
However, when you live in Luxurio you wouldn’t need to worry about commuting as we are located in the heart of the town centre within walking distance from the Loughborough University campus.
Is Loughborough a nice place to live?
Loughborough is a very nice town in the heart of England where you can get an elite education with its university being constantly ranked among the UK’s top 10 universities, or you might like to take a short drive to the peaceful villages to get a taste of the English countryside or get to Nottingham to enjoy the vibrant nightlife there.
The town has a local market and a wide range of restaurants and cafes, in addition to shops, parks, and a leisure centre.